If your New Year’s resolution is to make better cocktails, this is a great way to start. The base of this drink is a frozen raspberry-cream mixture you make yourself. A spoonful goes into a flute and is topped with Champagne. The final touch for this icy pink drink? A whole sugared raspberry.
- 1 bag frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine or champagne
Recommend Sparkling wine or Champagne
Garnish: Raspberries rolled in sugar, or just plain raspberries
- Thaw the frozen raspberries in a small pot over medium heat.
- Once they get soupy, add the sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves. Taste it. If its not sweet to your liking, add a little more sugar. Some raspberries are sweeter than others.
- Puree the raspberries or blend them up good.
- Pour them through a sieve so that you get rid of the seeds. Let the mixture cool.
- When its cool, add the cream and mix.
- Throw it in a container and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to assemble your drinks, spoon a bit of frozen raspberry cream into a glass. A table spoon or two, however much you like. Then pour sparkling wine over to the top and drop in raspberry or two for garnish.