Eek! That palmetto bug garnish is almost too lifelike, which means it’s perfect for Halloween. Made with a black olive and chive antennae, that creepy critter oversees a briny gin Martini complete with a sprig of fresh oregano.
The cocktail is essentially a dirty martini with a nice, salty flavor to suggest swamp water and fresh herbs floating around to add a bit of murkiness.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce brine from cocktail olives
- Splash of dry vermouth
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano
- 1 Palmetto Bug garnish (see below)
- To make the Palmetto Bug garnish, add antennae to a black olive by poking holes with a toothpick and inserting two chives. Spray with black food coloring.
- To make the cocktail, combine drink ingredients with ice in a martini shaker.
- Shake to mix and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of oregano and the Palmetto Bug. *Makes one cocktail