I’m a scary movie junky. One of my all-too-common guilty pleasures is curling up alone on the couch at 3am, eyes-wide-shut, as the words, “Based on true events” slowly scroll across the screen. For me, it’s all about the entertainment. So consequently, it’s no surprise that Halloween is myfavorite time of the year.
The horror movies, the candy, the costumes, and of course . . . the parties. And what better way to entertain your guests than with a spooky pumpkin punch? Served, naturally, out of a creepy giant steaming pumpkin. Honestly, to die for!!
- 750 ml bottle of spiced rum
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups sparkling water
Garnish: cinnamon sticks
Plating: dry ice & large pumpkin
- In a large bowl, add the spiced rum, orange juice, lemon juice, spiced syrup and pumpkin puree
- Stir until the mixture is completely mixed
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher and chill
- Meanwhile, place a large bowl into your hollowed pumpkin. Be sure your bowl is safe to handle dry ice. I used a metal bowl. Next, use tongs to fill the bottom of the bowl with dry ice, and cover with a slightly smaller bowl. This bowl will hold your punch. Again, make sure both bowls are safe for dry ice. Certain materials will shatter when exposed to dry ice.
- Pour the mixture into the punchbowl. Add the sparkling water and stir to combine
- Finally pour hot water into the bottom bowl to activate the dry ice
- Serve and Happy Halloween!